Saturday, October 8, 2011

l'automne

It's officially autumn! I couldn't be happier. I'm currently wrapped up in my throw blanket and comfy slippers, watching college football with my mom, drinking coffee, and looking at grad school program websites. 

It rained quite a bit on Wednesday, which made our new roof look absolutely stunning. The new cedar shingles look really nice all the time, but the water made them turn almost bright red. I love my little cottage house!


On Wednesday I also decided to do some baking. I found this recipe for pumpkin nutella muffins on Pinterest about a week ago and I hadn't been able to stop thinking about it. I think the self-frosting aspect was what intrigued me... You just spread some nutella on the batter before you bake them and then they poof up and come out of the oven perfectly frosted with warm gooey nutella! Brilliant!

Gotta give credit where credit is due - the amazing original recipe is here.

Would you just look that orange pumpkin-y goodness? It must be fall.

Nutella jars are plastic in the US, apparently. Pshh.

Mini muffins, too!

Really tasty with coffee. I got that mug at Target, of course.

I hadn't actually eaten any nutella since I was in France, so having that first bite was a bit nostalgic. I didn't know how the combination of chocolate/hazelnut/pumpkin would turn out, but it really worked. I had a work meeting the next morning so I brought a bunch and they were a hit!

It's really nice to be home and have a fully functioning kitchen. Maybe I'll start doing recipe posts? :)

No comments: