Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Life lately

Well, this whole teaching assistantship thing is winding down. We're all in our last week, and I have two more days until I'm done. It hasn't really hit me yet, probably since I'll be staying around Europe for another couple of months, and I have a lot planned... It's definitely going to be different though, having a 2-bedroom apartment to myself and not being able to see everyone in Evreux all the time.  :(

The last few weeks have been wonderful! My dear friend Beth came to visit for a couple of weeks and we went pretty much everywhere in France. Well, it feels that way, anyway.  Here are some pictures!

Chartres Cathedral - my favorite.

A cat we saw in Bordeaux, with a perfect mustache and goatee! Kind of reminded me of our dear Sinclair, only more... French.

 Tasty treats in Bordeaux.  Wine tasting, and les canelés (my new obsession).

Opening the Ladurée macarons on the Champs Elysées... heavenly.

Spring has definitely sprung in my backyard.

And at Giverny (Monet's house and gardens).

Chez Monet.

Beth and I on the famous bridge!



Having some amazing pizza in my little town of Evreux!

I finally saw the Orangerie museum in Paris, where Monet's Waterlilies series is. Breathtaking.

Taking a break at the Tour Eiffel.


Gosh I love France.

1 comment:

Kent said...

GAH. I have got to figure out a way to visit. :D