Thursday, November 25, 2010

PIES!

Alright, so I just finished baking and we're about to have dinner in an hour or so.  I'm just so proud of my pumpkin pie mission that I had to show a sneak peek now...



I MADE PUMPKIN PIE!  REAL PUMPKIN PIE(s.. little pies..  tartelettes if you will)!  Against all odds and doubts of being able to do so in France!  I picked up the Libby's in Paris and hoped that my tiny little oven could do the job.  (I also hoped and hoped that "girofle" means "cloves" when I was rushing to buy spices in the store last night 5 minutes before they closed... it does, yay!)  And then there was the whole debacle of figuring out how to convert teaspoons into grams... and then realizing I wouldn't be able to measure out half a gram of ginger on my scale (the smallest ticks are 5 g)... blerg!

I haven't tried it yet, but I did have a couple spoonfuls of the batter before I popped it in the oven and it tasted heavenly and pumpkiny and had the perfect amount of spice.  I actually did a little jig in the kitchen.
It's officially Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Sofie said...

Success!! How could you have possibly lived a year without pumpkin pie??

Kent said...

A winner is you!